mccu8847 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Help with High contrast theme and MS Edge update

I am legally blind, own a Desktop PC and 27” monitor, using Microsoft Edge browser and high contrast theme, large white text on black background. Due to recent MS Edge update, display colors for some user name/password login text boxes are black text on black background. What settings need to be changed to display text box colors same as high contrast colors, white text on black background?

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    It looks like you have asked the same question of Microsoft and they are probably best placed to answer the question. It might be worth contacting the websites concerned to see if they can offer a solution.

I did check out other browsers but they would appear to have the same options as Edge - however not able to check whether this applied to username/password logins. Chrome appears to have accessibility extensions - see this link https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/7040464?hl=en where you can adjust settings by website so might be work investigating

I presume you have Windows 10 and have used the 'ease of access' facility to choose themes there? It may be settings there impact how Edge displays.

Sorry I can't be more help

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.