nick243 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2002

runtime error 6 overflow

This is the Append query that I am trying to run and I am getting an overflow error.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Query.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	29592

This is the data I am multiplying by which is a double field size.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	equalto.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	29594
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by nick243; 07-24-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Wrong Picture

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Is the destination for the results a Double Number as well?

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Get back to basics. Change it to a select query, does it still happen? Remove the fields one by one to determine the exact field causing the issue. If it only happens on the append, again remove all other fields and test with just the one.

It is not appending the error rate to the table it is just getting rid of anything from be1j query where the error rate is less than the dept rate * 1.2 . Am I reading the query correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by aytee111 View Post
    Get back to basics. Change it to a select query, does it still happen? Remove the fields one by one to determine the exact field causing the issue. If it only happens on the append, again remove all other fields and test with just the one.
    I went back and did what you said, It is the error rate field that is prohibiting this query from working and giving the overflow error.

Are there null values in this field? Add Nz(...). Otherwise run the b-e-j1 query by itself and see if there are any values that don't look right. Also in that query, add a new field with the same calculation. Altho this may be a table, in which case create a query with that calculation - it is easier to troubleshoot very basic queries.

Note: do some research on naming conventions. Tables are named tbl... or ...tbl, queries qry... or ...qry. Also get rid of spaces in names, no special characters except underscore (_), no reserved words such as Date, etc. These things will come back and bite you further down the road.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    The calculation of a value called ErrorRate will usually involve mathematical division somewhere. How are you calculating that errorRate? Might there be a division by zero, or division by a very small number somewhere? Is ErrorRate a calculated field in the table?

Quote Originally Posted by aytee111 View Post
    Are there null values in this field? Add Nz(...). Otherwise run the b-e-j1 query by itself and see if there are any values that don't look right. Also in that query, add a new field with the same calculation. Altho this may be a table, in which case create a query with that calculation - it is easier to troubleshoot very basic queries.

Note: do some research on naming conventions. Tables are named tbl... or ...tbl, queries qry... or ...qry. Also get rid of spaces in names, no special characters except underscore (_), no reserved words such as Date, etc. These things will come back and bite you further down the road.
    I noticed there was an error# in error rate because one of them is dividing 0 by 0 . I have not seen any null. It is a query. I will keep looking at it. I keep searching the related tables for information.

That is what is causing your problem, then. Remove that error in that field by using Nz or checking for nulls in numeric fields before dividing, or whatever the case is.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.