RLehrbass is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

what are a few good books I should have on access 2010 development?

I would like to learn much more about developing Access databases. What books would you suggest that I keep in my library to refere to for guidance?

Also, what books should I stay away from!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I almost never anymore refer to any of the books I acquired when I first started learning. The Access books are basic introductory tutorials. I used some old, cheap, secondhand VB6 programming books to learn essence of VBA. However, you might find this one of interest:

Access™ 2010 Programming by Example with VBA, XML, and ASP by Julitta Korol, Wordware Publishing, Inc.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Access 2010 Inside Out

It has lots of examples that you step through. But then I may be biased given that I did the technical review of the book.

JamesDeckert is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I have the 2013 version of Programming by Example. It is a very good VBA coding resource. If you are looking for table design, creation, form, report, query basics: you'll need to look for a different book. You'll usually either find a VBA book or a how to use Access book (non-programmer info). I can't tell from your question which you are looking for.
    If you are a beginner at Access, you might want to read one of the shorter books (less than 300-400 pages). If you are knowledgeable about Access, but want a reference book I'd look for the longer ones (800+ pages) as they are usually more comprehensive. If looking for VBA books, shorter doesn't necessarily mean for beginners (you'll need to look at the titles to get an idea. e.g. Pro, or Beginning VBA)

RLehrbass is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    NTC,
    Ok, I have both 'Access 2010 inside out' and the 'Access 2010 VBA Programming inside out' as well on my EBooks.

Moderator,
    I will look up the book you referenced.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by RLehrbass View Post
    NTC,
    Ok, I have both 'Access 2010 inside out' and the 'Access 2010 VBA Programming inside out' as well on my EBooks...
    That's awesome. There is content for Desktop Apps and VBA in the bonus chapters for 2013 Inside Out. Also, 2016 Inside Out is available now, too. I have not read 2010 in its entirety but it is a great resource as well as the VBA Inside Out book that you currently have.

I am not sure what you should stay away from. I would add that MSDN is a great resource.

VBA Reference
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.14).aspx

Access Reference
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.14).aspx

cknight is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I found the best by far to be Access 2010 Programmers Reference by Wrox. http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTit...470591668.html
    It's very comprehensive especially if you use VBA. Watch out! there are a few mistakes in this manual when it comes to SQL statements syntax, which can be rather frustrating.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.