dionyss is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Information not displaying correctly in table once entered in form

I am making a form to add information into a table. The category is CENTER, as in a location of the business, and I created a dropdown list to select the center desired. But when I look at the info in the table, it is showing up as the ID number and not the name. How can I fix the display method in the table when the info is submitted through the form?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop list.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	7387 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	master table results.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	7388

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Does your Table have a Lookup Field?

dionyss is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I am not sure what that means. i am literally teaching myself how to work this and I started yesterday. I made a table listing all the centers, they appear correctly in the drop down, and I told it to save the selection into the center column on my master sheet. But when it saves it just displays the ID number from the centers table. I tried deleting the ID column but it wont allow me to. I dont know what the Look-up is, I'm sorry

Robeen is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    If you right click on the Table name and then select Design View, you will see the different fields that make up your table and you will also see what kind of field each one is.

I don't use Lookup fields in my tables [it is not a good practice to use them: http://access.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm] . . . but I think it will say something with the word 'Lookup' in it.

Did you design your database yourself? If so, and if you haven't already spent a WHLOLE lot of time on it - see if you can re-create the Tables without any lookup fields in them [no drop downs in your tables].
    The 'drop-down' that you mentioned is making me think there IS a lookup field involved.
    When there is a lookup field, the default behaviour of Access is to return the ID rather than the value you would probably want to see.

Let me know if you need more help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.