sk88 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Can we merge/combine 2 or more crosstab queries in to ONE Single query?

Because I have more than 3 queries, it is really hard for me to manage. Therefore, I was thinking of having 3 crosstab queries to show in one single query. This way it will save my time from moving back and forth.

Does anyone know how to do that? Is it possible? If so, how?

Thanks!

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    all your queries have information in them from the same table? why not build one query that shows you what you want to start with then build the crosstab from that single query?

Or are you saying you have multiple tables that all have the same information in them and you are building a duplicate query based on each table then trying to combine them?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeare View Post
    all your queries have information in them from the same table? why not build one query that shows you what you want to start with then build the crosstab from that single query?

Or are you saying you have multiple tables that all have the same information in them and you are building a duplicate query based on each table then trying to combine them?

hmm... I have like 3 to 4 crosstab queries. I was hoping that there is a way where I can combine those 3 to 4 cross tab queries in to one query view. so it will be like in one query, first few rows will be of the 1st cross tab query, then followed by the 2nd cross tab query and so on..

These 3 to 4 crosstab queries consists of different information. I was just being lazy and thought there might be a way to view these queries together rather than having to click on to each query.

Sorry, am I making sense here?

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    That doesn't really answer either of the questions I asked you're just restating what you want to do.

You can show data from different queries with a UNION query, I've never attempted a union query from a crosstab query though.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeare View Post
    That doesn't really answer either of the questions I asked you're just restating what you want to do.

You can show data from different queries with a UNION query, I've never attempted a union query from a crosstab query though.

Sorry rpeare for not answering to your question earlier.
    My queries are from one table but of different rows.
    For example. I have tblNEW
    Fname Lname Address PostalCode Country Phone Date

My first crosstab queries consists of like fname and date

second query consists of Country and date

and so on.

I think what you suggested about the Union Query might be the solution.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Which brings me back to my original question, why, if all the data is coming from a single table, do you have 3 crosstab queries instead of combining the data you want to see in one query then viewing it, my guess is that your crosstab didn't want more than three row headers and you wanted more than that so you created 3 different crosstabs but my suggestion won't work (I don't think) for the type of combination you're looking for. Without an example of your database I don't know that I could offer a better solution though.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.