dbuck is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Access 2003 and SharePoint

Is it possible to move a split 2003 db to SharePoint so that End Users can open Front End while back end resides on the server?

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
    is it possible to move a split 2003 db to sharepoint so that end users can open front end while back end resides on the server?
    yes..............

dbuck is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Thanks - Any quick tips? So far I have not been able to get either the Back or Front end of the db onto our server. I've been trying to upload the db into a existing folder.
    Is this going to be something that can be done or am I looking at actually having to have the db reside on the server by itself. (Running on the Server itself vs. within a folder located on the server within a project file) Thanks

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
    Thanks - Any quick tips? So far I have not been able to get either the Back or Front end of the db onto our server. I've been trying to upload the db into a existing folder.
    Is this going to be something that can be done or am I looking at actually having to have the db reside on the server by itself. (Running on the Server itself vs. within a folder located on the server within a project file) Thanks
    Sharepoint is complicated. first of all, you have to have the appropriate windows apps installed, especially if you're using 2010 version. things like powershell, etc...

as far as what you're trying to do...you can use any computer for a server, as long as it is configured correctly and has enough hardware power to do so. I don't know if that is your case of not. What version of SP have you installed. You need the software for one thing, to even get started, right?? You do in 2010 anyway.

Have you read the documentation on how to implement this sort of thing??

something like this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc303422.aspx

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.