htchandler is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Multiple tables served by one link

I have one single excel sheet that I need to link to. The problem is that I need to link 30 different tables to this one spreadsheet. Another problem is each of these tables only needs some of the colums of information from the spreadsheet. Is it possible to link certain colums to multiple tables from a single spreadsheet?

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Can you provide a little more detail about the data contained in your tables and your excel sheet? I'm having a hard time why a proper Access database would need 30 tables linked to 1 excel sheet.

htchandler is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Information on Data

The data that I need to link all these tables is for personnel in my military unit. Name, Rank, Date of Rank, Date of Birth, Address, Expiration of Term of Service, Date of last performance evaluation, Gender, Unit, Military Occupational Specialty, Pay Entry Base date.......among other's. Basically I can't get the authorization right now to get any of the queries from my state, but this is what I can get. The database that is going to be my foundation is going to be something called S1 Database 1.3, it can be found using google. In the end I want to set thing program up to manage all my offices day to day work, in the long run, my vision is to create a program to minimize the labor or completing paperwork, have it open a new email addressed to the relevant parties, then add the action to a tracking report when you click send. For now, I just want to get the database set up so all the tables are linked to the excel worksheet. Any advice of to be able to link these tables to one worksheet?

Henry

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Yea, your database isn't normalized. If you're thinking long term, you really need to get this issue solved before you do anything else. You will run into MASSIVE headaches going forward.. ALL of that information should be in ONE table. Each one of those should be a field in the table, and not a table in it of itself.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.