gmark is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Insert table(not database table) into a Form

I have a situation where I need to insert a table of horizontal and vertical lines( I mean the one similar to the table in MS-WORD and not the database table of Access) into a form.

I need this to print an entry pass like ticket for an event.
    The participant comes and tells his membership number, I just enter the number in the search box of the form, and then the form should pull all the necessary details of the participant on to the form.

I want to have tabular columns and rows(horizontal and vertical lines) and place the fields of the database table into different cells of the table for proper alignment and for the rectangular shape of the ticket.

By the bye, how are we refer to a table of horizontal and vertical lines, when we are dealing with issues in Access? Is there a word for it. I mean a non-database table.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    By the bye, how are we refer to a table of horizontal and vertical lines, when we are dealing with issues in Access? Is there a word for it. I mean a non-database table.
    I would call it a grid.

I have a situation where I need to insert a table of horizontal and vertical lines( I mean the one similar to the table in MS-WORD and not the database table of Access) into a form.

I need this to print an entry pass like ticket for an event.
    The participant comes and tells his membership number, I just enter the number in the search box of the form, and then the form should pull all the necessary details of the participant on to the form.

I want to have tabular columns and rows(horizontal and vertical lines) and place the fields of the database table into different cells of the table for proper alignment and for the rectangular shape of the ticket.
    1) Create a form and set the Default View to "Single Form".
    2) Create a query that gathers the data for a member based on the membership number.

3) In the header of the form, put a text box (to enter membership number) and a button (to do the search).

4) In the detail section, draw the grid, just like the rectangular shape of the ticket. Add the fields from the query, in the layout you want.

5) Create a report with the same query and layout of the ticket (pass). Add a button (in the header or footer) to print the report (ticket).

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.