jo15765 is offline Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2000

Updating an Existing Table

Let me give you the back story....

There were 30 (I think, maybe more) .csv files, that I compiled into one .csv file and created a database with and have multiple queries, and a form built custom to what I am needing.

The problem, I found out about an hour ago, there are 2 more .csv files that are needing to be added to this database. I know when I was in the creation stages, that I was unable to add .csv1 as a Table, and then append .csv2 to the same Table. I think it is buggy programs at work that prevented it, but that is another story.

I know that with the same DOS command I can combine these two .csv files into one .csv file, but my question is. How can I get all of the data onto one table? I am fine with having a Table1 and a Table2 as long as I am able to have a MasterTable that has both of these Tables combined.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    jo,

I was wondering if there would be a better use of time than posting a question about everything you're doing. it looks like you've got many projects going on at once, based on the amount threads that have been started in just a few days. Isn't consolidation of the projects or something an option for you?

jo15765 is offline Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2000
    I don't think that would be a viable option (altho it may be and I just can't see how to put the pieces together). Each database that I am using is completely different from each other, and they all work independently from one another. There is nothing tying each database to one another. Is there still a way to consolidate, that I can't see?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.