Viking is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Lending library template

I am another brand new user to Access and I am hoping for some quite basic support.

I am using access 2007 and have downloaded the "Lending Library" from Microsoft.

1. When I check out items I get a Default "Due Date" populated. I would like to change the default "Due Date" from 7 days as it comes in the template to 25-30 days. How would I go about this change?

2. When I have checked out an item and the item has passed the "Due date" I would like to be able to extend the lending time easily for certain items. What do I do?

3. Some times mistakes are done and I would like to undo the operation. What do I do? There is the "Undo" Button in Access, as in other MS programs, however this does can not be clicked.

4. The database saves automatically. When I have completed my work and want to close the database there is no warning if I want to save the changes in the database. Related to question 3 this creates some issues when I have done mistakes and do not want to save the changes in the database.

5. When I try to import data from Excel I consistently get a failure message as the attachment. I have gone through the excel sheet up and down to verify the columns in the excel sheet match the Access database template. I understand this question is close to impossible to anwer without seeing my excel sheet but I am looking for some guidelines when importing excel data into access.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    You should really limit each thread to a separate issue rather than a list of 5 separate issues. I would also post your zipped up db so we can look at what you might have done.

Viking is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Database and excel spreadsheet attached

Thanks for the guideline. I will follow these and start new threads, but I have also attahed the zipped database and the excel datasheet that I try to upload into the DB

As to question #1: If you open the "Check Out" form in design mode and look at the property sheet for the "Due Date" control you will see that the Default value is set to Date()+7. You can change that to anything you want.

Viking is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    THanks for teh feedback.
    I have tried this do not get what I am lookgin for
    I have tried to change it to

=[Checked Out Date] + 25

The problem that I get is that the program always takes the day you are clicking the Check Out button and adding 25 days. It does not take the date I specify as check out date and adding 25 days.

Set the Default Value to [Checked Out Date] + 25

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.