chrisjack001 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Opening another form with specific record double clicked on in Sub Form

I have a Subform “ReqsAndCategories Subform”in an Access 2007 Database. This Subform has six fields. 5 of the fields are

ReqAndBudgetID (Primary Key)
    Prefix
    ReqNumber
    BudgetID
    Amount
    get their Data source from a table called ReqsAndBudget. The remaining field called

Compressed Person Name - Example of such data is “LastName, FirstName – ()

Is linked to another table called Vendors. The Data Row Source for this field has the following Select Statement

SELECT Vendors.EmployeeAutoID, [Vendors]![Compressed Person Name] & " - (" & [Vendors]![FY] & ")" AS [Compressed Person Name] FROM Vendors WHERE (((Vendors.Person)=True)) OR (((Vendors.Group)=True)) ORDER BY [Vendors]![Compressed Person Name] & " - (" & [Vendors]![FY] & ")";

I have another Form in the database called “VendorsNew”. The Record source for this form is a query called Vendorsqry and the SQL for this Query is

SELECT Vendors.EmployeeAutoID, Vendors.[Compressed Person Name], Vendors.[Assigned To Org Id], Vendors.[Person Nbr], Vendors.[Position Nbr], Vendors.[Short Job Title], Vendors.[Pct Time], Vendors.FY
    FROM Vendors;

This form has seven fields which are

Compressed Person Name
    Assigned To Org Id
    Person Nbr
    Position Nbr
    Short Job Title
    Pct Time
    FY

The “Compressed Person Name” field has the same Select Statement in the Data Row Source like in the “ReqsAndCategories Subform” which is

SELECT Vendors.EmployeeAutoID, [Vendors]![Compressed Person Name] & " - (" & [Vendors]![FY] & ")" AS [Compressed Person Name] FROM Vendors WHERE (((Vendors.Person)=True)) OR (((Vendors.Group)=True)) ORDER BY [Vendors]![Compressed Person Name] & " - (" & [Vendors]![FY] & ")";

I want to create a VB code in the “Compressed Person Name” field of the Subform under the "Dbl Click" property that will open the VendorsNew form when clicked in Dataview. I want the VendorsNew form to open that specific record that is double clicked on in the “ReqsAndCategories Subform” . The VendorsNew form should display Most or All of the records that have that name clicked on.

Currently the code I have is

DoCmd.OpenForm "VendorsNew",,,"Compressed Person Name = " & Me.Compressed Person Name

But I am getting Errors. Can you please help me. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong to open the VendorsNew form with that specific record.
    Attached is a copy of the database

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Haven't looked at the sample yet, but if that's actually a name, the syntax is slightly different for a text value:

BaldyWeb wherecondition
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.