Create a Training Record Table

Hi All,

How do i create a training record table using access?

Basically, for me to be able to record a training carried out, the tables will have their fields and also a checkbox for Yes/No. I have tried using forms but its not coming out the way i want.

Thanks

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Your question is very broad - is this for one individual? a gym with members? what does the checkbox indicate?

start with the tables - they need to map to reality so I would expect you would have multiple tables such as

people - might include metrics such as height and weight
    training type
    a sessions table to link the two together, perhaps with start and end date and time fields,
    perhaps you need tables for location, equipment required, etc
    perhaps you need tables to record metric readings over time or after each session

once you have that right, you can look at forms

CJ_London thanks for your reply. Actually its a really simple table, a fillable form, but i want to do this via access so we that i can get response from that form in Excel. Then upload it on sharepoint. There will be only one table with the specific fields that has to be used in the form.

The checkbox is to idicate a Yes/ No option so say for example: Training confirmed: Yes or No.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    you are not providing any information for us to help you answer your question, other than guessing. And I don't have the time for that.

Suggest provide a 10,000 foot summary of what you are trying to achieve. At the very least explain what you have tried (excel forms? access forms?) and clarify what 'its not coming out the way i want.' means. What have you tried? what do you want?

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Without a lot of details, sounds like you might need tblPerson (main table (PID(pk), name, birthday ...) and a tblTraining (sub table linked to the Person table (TID(pk), PID(fk), training date, training confirmed y/n ...)

If they will not have multiple training events, then yes can just be all in one table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.