cp1981 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Office 365

Listbox not populating Data from Combobox selection

Table: tblIssue - (IssueID, ParentIssue, ChildIssue)
    Query: qryParentIssue
    Form: frmNewServiceCalls

Combo Box: cboParentIssue
    List Box: lstChildIssue

My combo box gets info from qryParentIssue (only field in the query to make values unique). Everything afterwards I apparently havent the slightest so as of now, no need to post my SQL and VBA. Unless requested lol

I have Unique Values as Simple for my list box.

I have used an example from one of the major users/"experts" on here. They suggested for someone else to use their Cascade Combo Box example as a reference. So I took the same advice. Didnt have much luck, but I also dont want cascading combo boxes. I just want someone to make a selection from the combo box and generate data into the list box. e.g. User selects "Vending Machine" (cboParentIssue) from combo. All possible issues (lstChildIssue) then make selection(s) from the list--as a multi-select list. Then that data (issues selected) will be used.

My tables tblIssue and tblServiceCalls are related through IssueID.

If anyone needs additional info, Ill respond as soon as I see it.

Thanks!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If someone selects "Vending Machine" in combobox you want associated items in listbox? That is a cascading listbox. Uses same technique as cascading combobox.

Then what do you want to do with listbox selected items?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

cp1981 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    If someone selects "Vending Machine" in combobox you want associated items in listbox? That is a cascading listbox. Uses same technique as cascading combobox.

Then what do you want to do with listbox selected items?
    Right On June7.

They would be used as data in the table "tblServiceCalls". I just had an epiphany. Maybe. I was going to say that the "issue(s)" would be stored in the "IssueID" field in "tblServiceCalls" but I believe I wouldnt necessarily need to relate an ID between "tblServiceCalls" and "tblIssues". Moreso between "tblAccounts" and "tblServiceCalls". Because when an account is looked up and look at their service calls, one would only need to see what the issue(s) were. The actual "issue" wouldnt need to have an ID per se.

So, I guess I need to make all the appropriate changes from IssueID to just "Issues"(?)

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, can't answer that because I don't know your db.

Have you looked at the MS Customer Service database template? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...8-1afcfc91a9cb
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.