I have an issue connecting from Access to a Sharepoint list, relating to the Sharepoint list view threshold.

The list contains 12,000 records. I know there is a list view threshold on Sharepoint at 5000 items, but I didn’t think it applied to Access connections, as there has been no problem connecting to this list from Access up until last week. I then made a change to the list introducing a couple of calculated fields, and from that point I get this message:

“linked table xxxx cannot be opened. You do not have permission to view the entire list because it is larger than the list view threshold enforced by the administrator.”

I CAN still access the list within Sharepoint as there are views I can use, but I can’t access the list within Access at all – I just receive the threshold message. I can’t even use the Access query design to create a cut-down view which would be under the threshold.

Is there anything I can do to make the list accessible again within Access, besides removing the calculated fields ?