talhaparvaiz@yahoo.com is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit

Posting ms access data/ report online with realtime updates

Hello,

I have a table in Access that refreshes at least once per minute.

Additionally, I have an SQL query based on the table mentioned above.

Currently, I face the challenge of manually refreshing this data and sending it via email to my team members.

Please advise on options to provide this data online in real-time. To clarify further, I want the online data/report to update immediately whenever my Access tables are updated, without any delay.

Thank you in advance.

Edgar is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2016
    That type of scenario is best handled by a web application. You remove Access from the equation.

If you want to keep Access in the equation, you'll need this setup: Web browser control + Firebase Real Time Database + Firebase Websocket. If you want to build your own web socket, you also can, but Firebase already has something for that and it costs 0 to try. If you have a large amount of data, then check the limits of the free tier of Firebase, otherwise pay for the service, build your own or ask someone to do it for you.
    Please click on the ⭐ below if this post helped you.

talhaparvaiz@yahoo.com is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    That type of scenario is best handled by a web application. You remove Access from the equation.

If you want to keep Access in the equation, you'll need this setup: Web browser control + Firebase Real Time Database + Firebase Websocket. If you want to build your own web socket, you also can, but Firebase already has something for that and it costs 0 to try. If you have a large amount of data, then check the limits of the free tier of Firebase, otherwise pay for the service, build your own or ask someone to do it for you.

I still prefer to conduct data analysis within Access/Excel due to their user-friendly interface, and also because the APIs I utilize exclusively support Excel.

Regarding the publication of reports and data on the web, I am willing to consider web applications as long as they can integrate data from my local MS Access database. Please suggest any available options, such as web apps that I could explore for this purpose.

Thank you.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If you update via forms it should be easy. Form code for after update can email whatever you need. However, if I change a value, don't update, then put it back the emails still go out. You'd have to prevent that with the OldValue property for every bound control. If a control is unbound it has no OldValue property so you'd have to deal with that too. Or just don't bother and hope that doesn't happen - or allow user to kill the emails.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Edgar is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by talhaparvaiz@yahoo.com View Post
    Regarding the publication of reports and data on the web, I am willing to consider web applications as long as they can integrate data from my local MS Access database. Please suggest any available options, such as web apps that I could explore for this purpose.
    You might want to check out REST APIs. Basically, with Access, you can send text to a URL and get back a text response from the server, which Access can turn into data. I'm already suggesting Firebase, which is overpowered, but there are others too. I suggested it because you can either use REST API with it OR connect directly to it using its web socket. And both things are doable with Access.
    Please click on the ⭐ below if this post helped you.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.