Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jhergert is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

If you use frmStructuretoUnit, I have a double click event set up on the Structure Search combo box (unbound). When you double click on that it opens up frmStructureLookup. Once in frmStructureLookup, you can find a Structure Record and double click the StructureID and that will Transfer the Selected structure back to the unbound structure search combo box.

Once you have selected a structure from frmStructureLookup I would like to have that record brought up in frmStructuretoUnit. That is where i am hitting the wall.

Thank you for your help
    josh
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jhergert View Post
    If you use frmStructuretoUnit, I have a double click event set up on the Structure Search combo box (unbound). When you double click on that it opens up frmStructureLookup. Once in frmStructureLookup, you can find a Structure Record and double click the StructureID and that will Transfer the Selected structure back to the unbound structure search combo box.

Once you have selected a structure from frmStructureLookup I would like to have that record brought up in frmStructuretoUnit. That is where i am hitting the wall.

Thank you for your help
    josh
    Like this?
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2016
    It doesn't seem to be updating the record in frmStructuretoUnit to match what is selected in the Structure Search Combo Box

Windows 10 Access 2019
    It doesn't seem to be updating the record in frmStructuretoUnit to match what is selected in the Structure Search Combo Box
    Are you sure? Seems to be working for me.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2019
    Are you sure? Seems to be working for me.

EDIT:
    Posted again in error
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2019
    Have you considered having another combo to allow selection of the description instead of using a popup form to make a selection. See attached db
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I downloaded the Sample 3 from your earlier post. Still doesn't seem to be working

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Sorry didn't see your previous post until after i posted. I am still very new to access. Learning as i go. For me i found it easier to set up specific searches on a continuous form. I like being able to see the results on a separate form and trying to transfer the selected result back to the parent form. I used Microsoft Dynamics at a previous Job and got used to the pop up form to search for records idea.

Windows 10 Access 2019
    Apologies. try the attached db
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Heavens no need to apologize. There are many ways to skin a cat. I appreciate yours and everyone's willingness for help.

I just tried it works perfect.

Thank you very much for your help.

Windows 10 Access 2019
    Heavens no need to apologize. There are many ways to skin a cat. I appreciate yours and everyone's willingness for help.

You're welcome. Always pleased to help i I can
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 10 Access 2019

If we have provided a solution to you problem, please mark the thread as Solved. (can be found at the top of each thread by clicking "Thread Tools")
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.