vorngsarorn is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2021

Stretch out full page of a photo in Report Footer

Dear Senior,
    Is there any way to stretch out a photo or rectangle to full size A4 page?
    I have try many way but no luck at all ever since.
    please kindly check the attached file for your references.
    Thank and appreciate for your time and kind assist.
    Regards,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-06 122256.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	51571

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    There is an embedded image in your post but no other file attached.

AFAIK, controls cannot span sections.

Do you want a watermark? Set the report Picture property to an image and Size Mode to Zoom.

I just tested. In design view image appears to extend into report header and footer but in preview it is only in detail section. I changed from Zoom to Stretch and now it extends into headers but no longer in proportion.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2021

Stretch out picture

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    There is an embedded image in your post but no other file attached.

AFAIK, controls cannot span sections.

Do you want a watermark? Set the report Picture property to an image and Size Mode to Zoom.

I just tested. In design view image appears to extend into report header and footer but in preview it is only in detail section. I changed from Zoom to Stretch and now it extends into headers but no longer in proportion.
    The picture I have attached was just a sample given by my boss and ask me to do the same report photo. Which is the yellow rectangle is stretch out full report footer only and I can not stretch out then. I have tried multiple times to draw the rectangle but it's unable to stretch out and then I have downloaded the rectangle photo to apply as picture but still no luck.

June7 is offline VIP
    What are you trying to accomplish? Do you just want to color the footer?

A report footer doesn't output in the same position every time - it just sits after the last record, wherever that may be.

Use page footer to force image/rectangle to always position at bottom of page.

I am able to size a rectangle to the footer dimensions.

Regardless, it won't extend to edge of paper because of printer margin non-printing area. If you want color/image edge to edge, will have to buy special stationery. Producing this with a printer/copier will really chew up toner or ink extra fast if you do this a lot.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2021
    Yes only the last page of the report but it's should be stretch out full size A4 or letter.
    how you do that with rectangle?

June7 is offline VIP
    I am confused. Do you want full 8.5x11 stretch or just in footer?

No, cannot stretch a control to span sections.

Windows 10 Access 2021
    I had solve by playing with the page set up margin using 0.00" for the right, left and bottom. I can draw rectangle text box for full page in Report Footer and it also works when export to PDF. Thank for your time.
    Last edited by vorngsarorn; 03-06-2024 at 05:27 PM.

June7 is offline VIP
    Still not clear to me what you have done. I cannot get a rectangle to extend into another section to produce a "rectangle text box for full page". And is this a rectangle or a textbox?

Depending on printer, might not be able to set margins to 0. Mine has minimum of 0.116 for top and left and 0.12 for bottom and right.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    A posted image of the desired result would have helped.
    You can go Ribbon>Format Tab>Background Image and that will be embedded on the page but not in a control. That will center it, I believe, so the image would have to be as large as the area that a printer can print to. Change printers or paper trays and you likely have a problem all of a sudden. Anyway, when using that method I think there could be issues with printing the image right to the edge.

Unclear to me if the image is supposed to be page sized or just in the footer. Asked but not answered.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.