SnupiX is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

MsAccess subform Datasheet current record highlight

Hello!

MsAccess by default highlights the current record of a subform (view DataSheet) with a different background color than defined in Section.Backcolor or Section.AlternateBackcolor. Is there a possibility to disable that feature?
    I've tried to cchange color with conditional formatting, but doesn't work, because changes color for all row, losting color defined in Section.Backcolor and Section.AlternateBackcolor.

Thank you

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I don't believe that is a feature that can be disabled or modified. Suggest use a continuous subform instead?

SnupiX is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Thank you CJ London for your replay and your suggest, but I need to use DataSheet for some practice reasons.

what features of a datasheet do you need? And why don't you want a currently selected record highlighted?

Continuous forms can be created which mimic many of the datasheet features such as resize/move/freeze columns and sorting/filtering.

SnupiX is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    I know, but in this case the datasheet view is great for a quick and easy way to show, sort, select data, hide, unhide, expand and shrink, lock columns. It gives to the user an experience similar to excel sheet. I don't need to assign size columns or the position to a fields or even create code to obtain functions already incorporated in the datasheet.

I would just like to hide the highlighting, because in the main form I have six small subforms. Each subform contains specific data for certain measurement types and there are usually few rows, four or five. The blue highlighting is not helpful and in this case makes the form less readable.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ_London View Post
    what features of a datasheet do you need? And why don't you want a currently selected record highlighted?

Continuous forms can be created which mimic many of the datasheet features such as resize/move/freeze columns and sorting/filtering.
    Chris
    Can you tell us more about how a column width on a continuous form can be altered, please.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Hi Bob
    Both Chris and I have solutions to do this.
    You can find mine as part of an extended series on extending the functionality of continuous forms: Move/Resize Columns in Continuous Forms (isladogs.co.uk)

This also includes functionality to hide / restore / sort & filter columns. All are done at runtime. No changes to the form design
    Another example in the series shows how to freeze columns
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by SnupiX View Post
    I know, but in this case the datasheet view is great for a quick and easy way to show, sort, select data, hide, unhide, expand and shrink, lock columns. It gives to the user an experience similar to excel sheet. I don't need to assign size columns or the position to a fields or even create code to obtain functions already incorporated in the datasheet.

I would just like to hide the highlighting, because in the main form I have six small subforms. Each subform contains specific data for certain measurement types and there are usually few rows, four or five. The blue highlighting is not helpful and in this case makes the form less readable.
    You can't remove the highlighting in a datasheet but you can reduce its impact. For example here in a datasheet subform:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	51563
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

Chris
    Can you tell us more about how a column width on a continuous form can be altered, please.
    you can see an example here

https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...asheet.320624/

SnupiX is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    WOW Isladogs and CJLondon, great jobs on continuous forms, its are excellent.
    Congratulation!

About my subforms, if it's impossible to disable the highlight, I'll change nothing, because in my small subforms light blue has a dark effect. I need a clear effect.

Thank you for help.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by SnupiX View Post
    WOW Isladogs and CJLondon, great jobs on continuous forms, its are excellent.
    Congratulation!

About my subforms, if it's impossible to disable the highlight, I'll change nothing, because in my small subforms light blue has a dark effect. I need a clear effect.

Thank you for help.
    Thanks.
    For your datasheet subform, consider removing the alternate row color so you only get the coloring for the current record. It may be less distracting for you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.