Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Actual Tool life
    I see a need for a date field that denotes when a tool was changed out due to end of life. That way, you can calculate (not in tables, remember?) and display the "end of life" date by adding the life expectancy value to the swap date. However, that would only be advisory. The life span would be [replace date] minus [install date] (2 fields for the one record). When those 2 dates are entered, that record is complete (other than perhaps to add comments or such) which means you'd need a table for tool swaps. A table for comments would make more sense than a field in the swaps table if comments would not usually be made.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

843Hammer is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Micron,
    I see your point, However;
    In this case the date would be just to narrow down when the change happened for this I intended on using =()Now that updates each time any form element was updated the tool life is based on minutes of cutting time that the machine is set for. Also if the machine is offline for any length of time for maintenance, running different part and tool isn't used; usage clock is no longer ticking
    So based on the expected life and cycle time of said process it might be 100 parts or 1200 parts which I have a external spreadsheet for that data to track my cost per piece and whether I'm on target or not.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I didn't realize that tool life was based on some sort of count like pieces made or operations executed by the machine with a particular tool. I imagined it was time based. Thanks.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Hi
    You were asking about the structure of the Forms. The attached document will explain.

Also you will find attached a copy of the actual Database for you to dissect.

MachineTools.zip
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

madpiet is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365
    The "number of minutes of cutting time" part... wouldn't that just be a total and then you just base a report or something on that, and filter out any parts that do not need to be replaced?

Doesn't sound terribly complicated.

843Hammer is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by mike60smart View Post
    Hi
    You were asking about the structure of the Forms. The attached document will explain.

Also you will find attached a copy of the actual Database for you to dissect.

MachineTools.zip
    Thanks Mike! That looks pretty close what I need, now to dissect figure out exactly how it works.
    Thank you everyone else's input as well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.