Windows 11 Access 2016

weird graphical glitch on a datasheet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glitch.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	51460

Hi,

I'm new here, but not new to Access. Has anyone seen this glitch? You are seeing a table with elements of a form superimposed over the column headers of the table. The blue "MS" buttons and bolded words are from a form that is also open. The column headers are from the table.

This will go away temporarily if we restart Access. But it comes back regularly enough to be a massive pain for the user.

She will also see column headers superimposed over each other and data rows superimposed over each other when she scrolls to the right and left.

Please ignore the fact that there are month/year fields. This is not my database!!!!
    Last edited by simon1975; 02-07-2024 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Attached image.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Are you just opening that table or is this on a Form? Did you say you are opening it in Datasheet view?

Is it happening on other PCs? Have you tried to reboot PC(never know). Maybe try to compact/repair database (make backup copy first)? Can you create a new form or new database and try to open same table to see if it still happens?

simon1975 is offline Novice
    Windows 11 Access 2016
    This happens in any datasheet style view whether it is a table or query. I haven't see it in a split form, but I haven't looked either. It is only happening on her PC. Rebooting, along with just closing and reopening Access does temporarily clear the problem. It does return in short order though. The database is routinely compact/repaired.

Edit (more info):

This is a database with a FE that is shared by multiple users. It is copied out to their desktops every time they log on. She is the only user with the issue.
    Last edited by simon1975; 02-07-2024 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Additional info

Bulzie is offline VIP
    When you say FE is shared, you mean a copy is used on each persons PC correct? They are not all using the same database FE on a network folder correct?

Do you have to use datasheet few, can you do continuous forms instead with field names in header and fields in detail?

Windows 11 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulzie View Post
    When you say FE is shared, you mean a copy is used on each persons PC correct? They are not all using the same database FE on a network folder correct?

Do you have to use datasheet few, can you do continuous forms instead with field names in header and fields in detail?
    Yes sir. A file is being copied out to each user's PC. The master copy of the FE is not accessible to the users. This isn't my system, so I won't be changing how they interact with the data. But I am not having this problem when I use the db. Others aren't as well so I'm suspecting this is a local issue for the user. I'm hoping that someone here as seen it before and might be able to suggest a solution.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    This reminds me of recent posts regarding messed up form footers and it had something to do with a Windows setting. I'm posting that in case anyone can recall what I'm referring to. It was within the last 2 or 3 weeks I think. IIRC, Isladogs also weighed in on the cause/solution.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Something about changing default font?
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Yes, but I think having the font size setting greater than 100% was the reason and the effect was that alpha characters were too big for the built in controls in the footer. That is probably not what's going on here, but it wouldn't hurt to check seeing as how this only seems to be a problem on one pc.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 11 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Yes, but I think having the font size setting greater than 100% was the reason and the effect was that alpha characters were too big for the built in controls in the footer. That is probably not what's going on here, but it wouldn't hurt to check seeing as how this only seems to be a problem on one pc.
    I confirmed that we all have the same text scaling.

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Could it be a monitor/resolution issue? Do they have the same monitor as the others?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.