SteveApa is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Web App??

Hi All.

Looking for some direction. I started with access 25 yrs ago. Moved to front end, back end with sharepoint lists 8 yrs ago. Moved to sql server for backends 4 yrs ago. I have created starter dbs that when the user runs, it checks the version of the front end on their system to an sql server table. If old version on the local system, the starter db downloads the newest version of the front end... starts the new version of the front end locally and closes the starter. Table designs are relational. Excel vba to/from sql server. Experience in VBA and sql server procedures. Global db usage. Can you give me some direction on how to create web app? I am not even sure what a web app is... There is some need for mac usage.

Thanks.
    Steve

Edgar is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2016
    A web app is an application that is run through the browser, it does not need to be installed on your computer. Web apps are cross-platform, so a mac can run it just the same as a computer with windows, android, etc. As for how to create it, there are many ways, I suggest using something popular, something a lot of developers are using. The most popular framework for front-end right now is React, which employs JavaScript and there are multiple ways to make that front-end communicate with a database. ASP.NET is what is most similar to Access, but its community is highly specialized, it's also a much smaller community.

There are online services that help you create web apps, they're typically limited and opinionated, but by all means, I suggest you don't start without a framework.
    Please click on the ⭐ below if this post helped you.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.