Wiretwister is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Concatenating Field Data That Has Been Chopped Up And Spread Out Over Multiple Records

Hello Everyone...
    I am a new user of Access (in Office 365). I created a Bill of Material query that works just fine, except that text strings over a certain length in "Location01" get split up and placed on extra records. This creates "almost" duplicate records. Here's an example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desplitter.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	50921
    In this example, I want to make the top 5 lines come out to be like the bottom 3 lines, but I don't know where to start. Data Types, like Short Text, Long Text, doesn't matter. It's just a characteristic of the data. Do I modify the query somehow, or do I create a new query? Or is this something to be fixed within a Report? Any ideas on how to approach this task would be greatly appreciated.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I have never seen that behaviour (splitting a field into different records) and suspect they are really not the same record because of other fields in your query that make that so. Even if you have the fields there for criteria purposes but have chosen to not display them in your query. If that is not the case, I suspect many of us here would like to see a copy of that db.

Perhaps what you need is this
    Concatenate related
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

xps35 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365
    If all the values (D3, D6 D7, ................) are in one field, that's bad design anyway.
    Groeten,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by xps35 View Post
    If all the values (D3, D6 D7, ................) are in one field, that's bad design anyway.
    Not only this! As OP has field names like Parprt01 and Comprt01 in his/her post, there is a reason to suspect that some info of same type is been split between different fields.

To OP! More than about what you get wrong, anyone trying to help you must get the info, what were your data, and what you did with it, to get such result. I.e. as minimum, the structure of all source tables, and the query string you used to get your result. And having copy of your database containing copies of source tables (at least with columns used in query present) with enough (dummy) data to get at least a couple of query result rows (at least one of them being the splitted one), would be helpful too (NB! A copy of your database, not some pictures of those tables!).

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.