Database Frontend unusable just on my Computer

I've recently received an Access Database, with a Frontend and a Backend. My Boss sent me and my colleague the same file, and on his device there werent any problems, he could use the frontend without any issues and change the code as well.

If I open the Client Application, Access immidiately throws an Exception, saying "Error: Not enough Memory", even tho my harddrive has 27 GB of free Space and i have 32 gig RAM, so that cant be basically.

If I open the client Application in Developer Mode pressing Shift while double clicking, all the Forms, that are available in the project, dont open with the error of "Y:\Dont\Have\A\Flashdrive\Named\Y:\ is not a valid path. Be sure that the Server on which the data is being stored, is connected.". But I dont have a Drive called Y: and the whole Path is false.

My Question is: How do i change the Path of the Access Forms, so that I can edit them and change the code.

Thanks in advance :)

It looks like the Access app you got uses Mapped Folder (Y: ) to address the Backend. This means, that every user who works with this app, must have the network folder, where the Backend is stored, mapped as Y:

I think you have to ask your network administrator to create the mapping for your computer (unless you have enough administrator rights, what isn't probably possible).
    Last edited by ArviLaanemets; 10-02-2023 at 04:45 AM.

If that is the actual path, then is sounds like your boss is playing tricks on you?

You could map Y to a shared folder on your computer with that exact same path and put the BE in there.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If both files reside on the same corporate server the developer should have used UNC paths. The issue is likely with linked table paths so you would select all of them in the front end and remap/relink them to wherever you put the back end. Make sure both files are in a Trusted Location.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.