Sinatra Fan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Need help setting up my database

Not sure where to post this, but I'll post it here and look for some advice. I began the start of putting together a database to use for consulting clients. I set up a main table for my customers with "ClientID" being my key, I have additional tables for their employees, a table for their employee's productivity and a table for their major stats that will be monitored and used for consulting purposes. Here are my questions:

1) I wish to make graphs that will display some of these table items over a period of time. Most likely my clients will be providing performance statistics for each week. I'd like to be able display these stats on graphs but be able to set the amount of periods to display. How do I do this?
    2) On that same topic, I want to create display tables that will also show a group of these statistics over the same period of time (ie 13 weeks, ytd, etc) and also have the tables list the high, low and average for that period.

Please let me know if I should be listing them on a different forum or if you can point me to the easy solutions. Thanks

xps35 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365
    I think all that can be done with queries that select records for the desired period.
    Groeten,

Peter

Sinatra Fan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Can those queries be selected with a button or even automatically when you open the graphs?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Not sure what some of that means but you might consider using automation to push Access data to Excel (where you might have dynamic named ranges) that provide the chart data. So if a chart series is based on a named range, and that range is dynamic, then if the "periods" contain 5 rows of sheet data today and 25 next week, the chart adapts. If that seems like something you're interested in exploring, google "excel dynamic named range". Also consider Ken Snell's site for using automation to push data into Excel.
    http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_MainPage.htm

However, if you want to use Access charts then disregard all of that, but I'd rather rub sand in my eyes than use Access charts.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.