isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365

Access Europe meeting on Wed 4 Oct - The future of Access

The next Access Europe meeting will be on Wednesday 4 Oct 2023 starting at 18:00 UK time (6PM UTC+1) and finishing at about 19:15 (7.15PM)
    The start time is equivalent to 19:00 (7PM) in Central Europe and 10AM in Seattle / PST
    Please note that the UK is now on Summer Time (UTC+1). For local times, please check https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

In this month's session, Juan Sotowill be discussing the future of Access
    Juan is the president of AccessUserGroups.org and a long time MVP.

This month's topic will include answers to such questions as:
    What do you answer when someone says Access is dying? That Microsoft is discontinuing VBA? That Access does not cut it for enterprise use? That Access is not stable? Access does not work with the web?
    Many of us will have experienced potential customers saying "they heard" Access was dying and looking for alternatives. Wait, what???

Join us as we get down to the details of why people believe this rumour and how we can counter it, plus "why does IT hate Access?"
    Plus, one shocking truth you will not hear anywhere else!

Please join us for this event. Your future as Access developers may depend on it!

For more details about this month's presenter and session content, see: https://accessusergroups.org/europe/...pe-2023-10-04/ or https://isladogs.co.uk/aeu-20/

The meeting will again be held on Zoom. When the time comes, you can connect using: Join Zoom Meeting.
    If you are asked, use: Meeting ID: 924 3129 5683 ; Passcode: 661210
    For more connection options, please see the AccessUserGroups.org web page for this event

As always, the session will be recorded and the video uploaded to YouTube after the event
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Windows 10 Office 365
    REMINDER

The Access Europe meeting on The Future of Access led by Juan Soto MVP is TODAY - Wed 4 Oct starting at 6pm (18:00) UK time
    Full details and connection info are in post #1 above.

As previously stated, please join us for this event. Your future as Access developers may depend on it!

I hope to see many of you later.
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

Windows 10 Office 365
    The video of the AEU session led by Juan Soto on Wed 4 Oct is now available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/zWs0rwlZNBA
    The meeting had a total of 62 attendees which was a record for any Access User Group meeting to date.
    Thanks to all who attended - this included 4 members of the Access team and 9 MVPs.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.