Motowolf is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Can not save database files

I recently reinstalled Office 365 and now I am unable to save my database files. The Save is greyed out, but Save As is available. If I do a save as to a new file, that file acts the same way.

I'm also having security issues running accde files. Very frustrating and my searches largely turn up results for those have trouble saving accde files.

When I open my accde file I get a security warning "A potential security concern has been identified. I can open the file, but it doesn't give me the option to "trust the provider" like it used to.

I have no idea where to begin. I've never experienced this before.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    research trusted locations if not familiar with it. If you are, make sure that where these files are, the location is trusted, or move them to a place that is already trusted. Trusted location settings can get messed up after upgrades.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Motowolf is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    The files are in trusted locations, which is part of my confusion. It's been a while since I worked in Access and I a bit confused by it. Before I did the recent update, I would get a dialog that would allow trusting of "the provider". That option no longer appears. I found a thread here about Windows registry changes, but those areas in my keys are already set.

Additionally, when I'm working on changes in a database (tables, modules, forms, whatever) the Save choice in the Files menu is greyed out. The Save As is not, but come on MS. It seems as those my changes are saved when I exit Access, but it leaves me feeling nervous about losing my work. Especially since I can't save as work.

I'm thinking about doing a full uninstall including registry and folders. But, I would rather not.

Thank you for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    research trusted locations if not familiar with it. If you are, make sure that where these files are, the location is trusted, or move them to a place that is already trusted. Trusted location settings can get messed up after upgrades.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    By any chance are the files you're working on set as read only? That is something you'd have to check out in Windows File Explorer. F'rinstance if you copy a file from dvd or cd then open it, its read only attribute is automatically set (or at least it used to be). When you go to save it, you'd get the Save As prompt. Perhaps check the file attributes in FE. IMO, seldom does a reinstall fix these sorts of issues.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.