charly.csh is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 11 Office 365

Hide MS Acess screen for an access application

Hello everyone,

I have an application that hide all the MS Access screen and only shows the form with any background
    As well I added a bitmap of 1 x 1 px to avoid show the "access screen" view but when I make a double click on the icon to open to app, when it is loading the access frame is shown for a few seconds, any idea how solve this?

I enclose my example and the screen that I'd like to hide

Thanks everyone!

Hide access screen.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Access.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	50584

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Unable to look at your app at the moment.
    Suggest you check my article and example app Control Application Interface (isladogs.co.uk)

EDIT:
    Just had a quick look - you ARE using my code but you have made a few important mistakes

1. Each object including the report should be Popup = Yes and Modal = No.
    You currently have Modal = Yes which causes the interface to be visible

2. Each code module should start with these 2 lines:
    Code:
    Option Compare Database
    Option Explicit
    Add those lines where missing, then compile the code. There will be at least one error you need to fix

3. You don't need the module sys_HiddeElements_mdl as its duplicating code in my modDatabaseWindow

Once you've done all that, let us know if there are any further issues that you can't fix.
    I would strongly recommend you try to understand what the code is actually doing
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

charly.csh is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 11 Office 365
    Hi Collin!
    Yes in fact in other post I saw the recommendation to use your app, let me tell you that is awesome I loved it and very useful!!!
    I used some modules according to what I needed
    You are rigth! in my example I left in the previous module I was using "sys_HiddeElements_mdl" I should delete this module and just leave new ones

I wanted also to comment that in fact when I run your complete app in my computer it shows as well the access frame for a 1.5 seconds and then all the screens are hidden as the app should work
    The only way I could control this was adding a shortcut and to the shortcut properties choosing "minimize" and the frame get out but I don't really thing that would be the solution or what you do you think?

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    The example app shouldn't show the Access interface at all or on slow machines possibly for a split second only
    My PC is 12 years old & very slow by modern standards but I don't see the Access interface at all when it opens.

Getting all the features to work in the example app was far more complex than anything any single user is ever likely to need in practice.

However using a desktop shortcut set to Minimize is a good alternative if needed
    Sometimes using a splash screen can cause issues in this respect.

Don't forget about the other things I mentioned in my previous reply
    However, when I set Modal = No, there is a new problem - the button on your 2nd form no longer works - I haven't investigated why that is
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.