cb122 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

linking query data to a new FE form/page (crash course)

Hi

I have not done any form of Microsoft Access development work for over 10 years, but due to issues with resources/leavers, I need to make an amendment to an access application. There is a form, with several pages (tabs). I have written an SQL query that I need to display on a newly created form. It needs to be read/write, as one of the key purposes of the new page is to allow a user to sign off certain records (yes/no data type). It is just a very basic form, display data, allow users to tick a specific box. It doesn’t need to be a form whereby new data is entered into the database, no new records etc.
    I am trying to cast my mind back, if there a wizard within Access that can guide you through the process of linking the page to a query and display the data or is it a totally manual process? If the latter, can you recommend a basic tutorial on linking a newly created form/page to the newly created SQL query to display the data in read/write format please, in line with the requirements I have described? I will obviously do any proposed change in a test version, where it will be tested rigorously, before trying it on a live system.
    Thanks

Highlight the required table/query, then use the Create tab and the Form button.
    Search YouTube.com for how to create forms and much more. Pleanty of videos on there for Access.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.