Combi Box Auto-Expand Property stopped working

Hi Guys

I have a form which is used, in Datasheet view, to rapidly enter new records. One of the fields is a Combi Box used to enter an 'Additional Note ' about what the record refers to. The RowSource property is a query which lists all the entries from previous records for the 'Additional Note' field. The idea behind this is so that as an Additional Note is entered on a new record, I can see what has been enetered previously for a particular 'type' of record and enter a new Note accordingly. The AutoExpand property is set to 'Yes' so that as I type in the Additional Note box, any entry in the list which matches what I type will be displayed in the taxt box of the CombiBox. The problem I am having is that the feature has stopped working - if I open the list and type while it is open, records will still appear that match what I type but they are not displayed in the text box. It's a nuisance because it slows down data entry. This issue has arisen since I bought a new lap-top and upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11. The issues is all the more puzzling because other Combi Boxes on the same datasheet continue to work OK.

I have tried various things to correct the problem: deleted the combi box and created a new one - this hasn't worked. I have copied a CombiBox that I know works and changed the settings to those needed for the Additional Note field (essentially the underlying RowSource query). This hasn't resolved the issue.

From what I can see the problem seems to be caused by the number of entries in the list - the table from which the RowSource query for the Additional Note CombiBox is created has more than 20,000 records in it, and this seems to be why it doesn't work (other CombiBoxes have only a couple of dozen list entries). I suspect that when I upgrased to Win 11 the 'new' Windows Registry in the background has been set so that a much lower number of records only can be read in a Combi Box list. The thing is, it worked fine until I upgraded to Win 11 so logically, it's a fixable problem.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    please to post the same question multiple times

posted here with answers https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=88415

I think CJ_London means DO NOT post the same question multiple times.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    it was late

Sorry Guys, I'm new to Access Forums plus I'm sight-impaired so when I posted my question first time I couldn't see that it had actually posted so sent it again !!

If you can delete this thread then, we can concentrate on the other one?
    That is one of the problems with crossposting, you get answers in each and they can be duplicated advice.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 11 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshgasman View Post
    If you can delete this thread then, we can concentrate on the other one?
    That is one of the problems with crossposting, you get answers in each and they can be duplicated advice.
    Or mark this one as solved so you know which one to ignore.
    If this helped, please click the star * at the bottom left and add to my reputation- Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.