Exclamation Fix Relationships, Query, and Report

I’m working to create the attached database for better organization of my family records. I have done most of the work but I think maybe I’m confusing relationships, queries, and report parameters and it’s not providing me any success and I’ve been trying to figure it out, asking chatgpt, and googling but it’s taking a lot of time that I’m trying to reduce in the first place

So I’ve created tables and forms for the data entry and tried to create query and report to associate but they’re not associating or showing the information.

To make it simple, I want to open form (as I’ve kind of laid out) be able to search for a member to associate data to that specific person or add a new member/property/etc. Be able to edit and save their data and print report with the information on there. I haven’t completed the report yet but the ones that have been completed give an idea of what I am looking for.

The help I need is basically putting that together and correcting any relationships or sql code. If anyone is willing to help, feel free to message me. I want to learn and be able to apply what I learn but I need this quicker than what it will take to learn

Update: Zip Attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Familydatabase691; 07-11-2023 at 08:01 PM.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Many will not download file from external site.

Did you try compact & repair? Then save to zip folder with Windows compression. 2MB zip folder is allowed.

I did download but Access 2010 cannot open.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

thanks - uploaded the zip now

Hi

I only took a quick look and the following are a few of the issues I found:-

1. You should not have any Spaces in Field Names.
    2. In all of your related tables you are storing the field "Member Name". This is redundant data and should be deleted.
    3. You are hard Coding various values in a number of Text Fields ie Marital Status, Blood Types, Hair Color and Skin Color.
    These fields should be numerical and and should be named as follows: MaritalStatusID, BloodTypeID etc...
    Then on your Data Input Form you would create a Combobox to Lookup the values from a separate Table ie tblMaritalStatus, tblBloodTypes etc...
    4. You are using Lookup Fields in your tables ie Address, Partner, Children, Child Care Services, Parents, Siblings and Attourney.
    Each of the fields should be Text DataType.
    Then on your Data Input Form you would create a Combobox to Lookup the values from a separate Table ie tblAddress, tblPartner, tblChildren etc...
    5. You have the following field "Member Name" in related tables. This field is redundant and needs to be deleted.
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.