axsprog is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Access Crashing on 'Most' machines Acecore.dll and others in Windows log 64 bit vs 32 bit.

btw I am not a novice - just have not been on the board in awhile
    Hello all,

I am a seasoned Access/VBA developer and since buying the first version of Access in 1992 I thought I had seen everything.
    I have an access front end linked to access backend in a client's office. At any given time there can be 10 users using the system and up to 14 intermittingly.

I have 3 users on Access 2016 32 bit
    11 users on 2019 32 bit
    1 user on 64 bit 365.

I just recently discovered that the outsource company had not been conducting version management so well.

There are 2 scenarios that have interrupted work flow quite considerably
    1. Access will sometimes close/crash if the user remains idle for say10 minutes - This will happen at least 1 time a day for most users
    2. At certain points in the application when a heavily used form is opened it will also eventually crash or restart with the "_backup" save option.

Here is what I know

This use to happen only on machines that, and still does predominantly , when the user had 2 versions of the front end opened at the same time - they say it is because this one 'job' form is used for viewing and searches on one session and data edits(entry) in the other session

It now happens sometimes on one session users. Interestingly 4 machines (version 2016 and one version 2019 ) doe not crash - if so it is a rarity. I could get my app[ to crash if I opened 2 sessions and "seeked" the same job on both sessions
    But that is very intermittent on my front-end and since I neither work or designed the app that way I totally missed that this would be an issue with the users. I will be posting a thread on how to load the same form concurrently in one session lol

Here is what I have done or know
    1.Compact repair
    2. Decompile / recompile
    3. import objects into new container.
    4. Safe Mode

I started looking at the windows log when the app crashes and here are the MOST prevalent reasons:
    Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.16327.20214, time stamp: 0x6444ce63
    Faulting module name: mso40uiwin32client.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6444d4c3

or
    Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE' (pid 7476) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID..

or
    Application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\vfs\ProgramFilesCommonX64\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\ai.exe' (pid 5504) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID..

or
    Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.16227.20280, time stamp: 0x6431227f
    Faulting module name: acedao.dll, version: 16.0.16227.20274,

or
    Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.16227.20280, time stamp: 0x6431227f
    Faulting module name: acecore.dll, version: 16.0.16227.20274,

On all the machines that crash it will always be one of these.
    This tells me it is not a coding issue but good luck trying to decipher what it does mean.

Interestingly most of these problems (really all) started within a week of the 64 bit user getting her machine, and it seemed to "spread" from there

Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you even started with something like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=appl...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Yes of course. And that crash message is usually a follow up to other faulting modules ie acecore.dll and acedao.dll

Are all those messages from the same PC? as I see the versions are different?
    You say
    within a week of the 64 bit user getting her machine

The 64bit user should be on 32bit the same as the rest?, unless you have modified the code to cope for both bitnesses?
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Windows 10 Access 2016
    In fact as I was typing the last reply a user received
    Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 16.0.16227.20280,
    Faulting module name: acecore.dll, version: 16.0.16227.20274,

Windows 10 Access 2016
    yes I added the required Declare PtrSafe on any api call in the 32 bit version.

If this helps - I can't duplicate these errors on my machine unless I go out of bounds and use two sessions. I create and distribute the file and I am one of the users on the 2016 version.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    No not the same machine - almost all of the machines. the 64 bit user seems to be ground zero and she does have the latest version , current 365 64 bit. But now it seems to be affecting(infecting) others. I was thinking update but it would not be an office udate because of different versions - maybe windows update?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.