Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    We are in Copenhagen, visiting Europe for 6 weeks .

I pulled out my laptop and had a look at the sample we used; you already pass a pipe-delimited string as the OpenArgs for the f02InvLdgrAccItm pop-up form. You will need to modify that to include the name of the calling form and the name of the subform to hide\unhide and retrieve them using the Split() function like you're doing now for the the other arguments. Then it is just a matter of using those variables in the line used to hide or unhide the subform. If you get stuck please upload the code or a small db sample and I'll have a look.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks. I have people here, and I want to spend time on it. Will post it as soon as I am ready. Copenhagen on same time zone than us.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Vlad.
    In South Africa electricity supply is a bit of a mess, I couldnt post earlier.
    In the small part of my app that I attach here you may see what I try to say.
    1. There are 5 main documents, f02Journals, f02Payments, f02Receipts, f02PrchsInvcs and f02SlsInvcs.
    2. As said, I created 5 forms starting with name f02InvLdgrAccItm. Previously there was one only. If there is code where all 5 documents in 1. can use the same f02InvLdgrAccItm, that is what I would like.
    3. Another issue; If you open f02Journals and click straight on the first record on the sub form, "Vehicles". It brings up a list of 4 vehicles and when you click on any of them it works correct. The vehicle selected will be placed in "Sub Ldg Name".
    4. If you do the same with f02Payment I find no problem.
    5. There is a problem if I open f02PrchInvcs. The first record, click on "Inventory" select any of the items on the appearing list. It does nothing. It must do the same as in 3. above.
    6. f02Receipts seems to be fine.
    7. f02SlsInvcs got the same issue.
    8. It is possible that I miss the obvious again, but I put in a lot of time so far.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gicu is offline VIP
    Hi,

Please review this updated file, I think it works as expected with just one form instead of five; I have added some comments where I made the changes so you can follow what I did. I commented out the On Error Resume Next in the listbox AfterUpdate to see what the problem was for the two forms;the f02SlsInvcs needed to be saved before updating the subledger, for the f02PrchInvcs I had to change the recordset type for both the subform and the subform's recordsource query from Dynaset to Dynaset (Inconsistent Updates).

Let me know please what you find out.

Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Brilliant. So far it looks perfect. I will work on it more today, and let you know if anything falls short, but I dont think so. Thank you.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi. The following error came up. I worked a lot on the app the past week, but I doubt if my work is the cause here. I told you that the 5 main documents of my app are very similar in many ways.
    1. Capturing records yesterday on form f02Receipts is where it came up. Maybe you will know right away.
    2. The error does not come up with every record captured.
    3. After the error if I exit the form and return it allows me to capture one without the error??? Then the error reappears when I capture a new one.
    4. f02Payments is very similar, but the error has not come up yet.
    If you need a new sample of my app, I will post it.
    Thank you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	230411a.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	50097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	230411b.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	50098

Gicu is offline VIP
    Sorry but I can't get the error to show up as I am not familiar with your forms. It looks like you try to add a first entry in the subform for an new receipt. If that is the case maybe the PK autonumber of the main form has not been created first before you attempt to add a new item in the subform, so maybe add a Me.Parent.Form.Dirty=False at the very top of the AfterUpdate sub to force that (I would also replace the line you have highlighted in yellow with Me.Dirty=False as it is more reliable in saving the form - the one you have depends on which form has the focus so could in certain cases save the wrong form). If that not solve it please upload a new sample with some more detailed instructions on how to get the error.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks. When the error comes up Access highlighted that line in yellow, not me. I will test what you say and let you know.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I made some major "improvements" on what Ruben, and I has done to these documents five years ago. For the moments the "gremlins" are asleep. The problem does not show. Thank you for your help.

Gicu is offline VIP
    That's great news, please post back if need they awake !

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.