Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Okay, got it now - even in my db. I had to actually close and save the form, which I wasn't before. Then reopen and the hover issue presents. I switch form to Design view and then back to Form view and no rectangle. Same thing with your db form. Open form and get rectangle - switch to Design view and back to Form view and no rectangle.

I'll call that a bug.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Miles R is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365

OK case closed

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Okay, got it now - even in my db. I had to actually close and save the form, which I wasn't before. Then reopen and the hover issue presents. I switch form to Design view and then back to Form view and no rectangle. Same thing with your db form. Open form and get rectangle - switch to Design view and back to Form view and no rectangle.

I'll call that a bug.

Thanks June7. I think we can call that a bug. You can sort of get round it by setting the Pressed Color of the tab control to the same colour as the background.
    I'll mark this thread as closed.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Using A365, I've repeated the test using a button with a shadow from the bottom row. No issue on my machine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	49697

If I could replicate it, I would have reported it as an irritation (rather than a bug)

In that sense, a bit like the dotted square 'bug' below - annoying but doesn't affect functionality

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DottedSquareBug.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	49698
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Windows 10 Office 365
    isladogs - have you tried the database I uploaded at 8.49 today (last post on Page 1)?
    At least two people get this issue. If you don't get it your system, I can only assume its an issue with the video card or acceleration or something like that.

Windows 10 Office 365
    I hadn't seen it earlier but have just tested and can replicate the error.
    Better still, I know how to fix it!😎

Its a variation on the dotted square bug I mentioned earlier.
    To remove the yellow 'border', go to design view and remove the form icon from the form header section
    See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

Windows 10 Office 365
    Don't know what's happening here, but I downloaded your fixed version onto my system and I still get the yellow border when hovering on the blue button or clicking on the green button.
    I tried on my own copy and removed the form icon, but I still get the bug - it clearly is a bug.
    Thanks for helping with this, but at least I know I can get around it by changing the Pressed Color to light green.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Sorry to raise your hopes. Its not just you. When I downloaded my 'fixed file' on another machine, the border reappears!

The yellow border is an artefact of using any shape effects such as shadow or glow.
    The border is the space reserved for the shape effect and is a solid colour.
    If you remove the shape effect or use a solid background for the tab control, you shouldn't have any problems

See Form1 on the updated file attached. Hopefully OK this time
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows 10 Office 365
    Yes, that has fixed it - you have done as I did and set the Pressed Color properties to the same colour as the detail background.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Making border transparent has no effect on the button appearance but it makes the problem go away. In the sample db, the thing you put the button on is properly known as a page, not a tab. Why the parent isn't called a page control or the pages called tabs so that it makes more sense I don't know.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles R View Post
    Yes, that has fixed it - you have done as I did and set the Pressed Color properties to the same colour as the detail background.
    No I didn't. Look at the form I created - Form1

Agree with @Micron re confusion with pages on a tab control

Windows 10 Office 365
    Thanks for the help on this. I am now trying to figure out why when on my actual application, with a Tab Control backstyle of Normal, and back colour of white (see attached), the "pages" on the Tab control are actually set to the light green colour of the Form detail backcolour (set from VBA in the form load). Its as if it is treating the Tab Control as Transparent.
    If I figure this out, I will get back to you.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	49702

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    Set the tabctl proprty USE THEME = YES

Then you can control colors at your pleasure:

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Me.Section(acDetail).BackColor = &HAACCAA
    Me.TabCtl1.PressedColor = &HCCBBBB
    End Sub

Windows 10 Office 365
    Thanks, but I already set those values in my Form_load event, but I have the USE THEME = NO
    It seems to work the way I want.
    What is not clear to me is why the Pages on the Tab Control have the background colour of the form detail, when the Tab Control background is set to Normal.

Windows 10 Office 365
    OK, done my final bit of research on this, now I'll move on.
    On my test database, which was created with Access 365, if I set the Tab Control properties to Back Style: Normal, Use Theme: No, the default colour of the tab control is used. If I change Back Style: Transparent, the colour of the tab pages is the colour of the Detail section - this is as expected.
    On my main database, which was created in Access 2007 and converted to Access 365, if Use Theme is No, it always seems to treat the Back Style as Transparent, whether it is set to Normal or Transparent.
    Must be a bug on converted databases - can't see any other explanation and can't replicate on newly created databases.

Windows 10 Office 365
    There are several features not in Access 2007. One of those is Themes which were added in Access 2010.
    It shouldn't be too surprising that you get the behaviour you describe.

Easy solution. Make a copy of the original form in A365. It should then behave as you'd expect

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.