RASMAN is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Post Cascading Combo Box Selections

Hello and thanks for allowing me to ask these questions.

I have some experience with Access at a basic level, but I am struggling to understand how to do this example. I would like to have multiple tables lists ect such as a Country, State, Suburb and on a form, I ask the user to select the country, then have it only show the states for that country, then finally the suburb, so I end up with a record line on the form that shows, Australia, NSW, Sydney for example. MY requirement is more for multiple products that are co-dependency on a range but the country example I think describes what i am after

If anyone can offer an example of how I do this in a simple way, it would be appreciated.

Thank you, John.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What research and attempt have you done? This is a very common topic. Do you want to use for data entry or just filtering? Review https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ata-entry-form
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

RASMAN is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Hi June7, thanks for your quick response I appreciate you coming back to me.

I have done a lot of background on this, also tried the normal Access for dummies book but seem unable to get this particular wany if getting the person who is filling out the form to just select from a ever filtering list to build up the choice they want to make. either from multi boxes to just lists with the PK and then linked via a FK. I was hoping to not have to do a lot of VBA scripting but rather define the lists in a particular or use linked tables in selecting the dependent data or maybe use queries as another way then to select the data. For some reason my brain is not getting this simple concept and I end up just getting myself from tied in knots and I think as a newbie at this I don't know how to ask the question correctly.

My project is a simple selection form that has some simple customer info and the admin can do data entry for new selections but largely fill out the long form and at the end will email and print it for the customer.

I am sorry this is confusing, and I will try to better describe what I am trying to do.

John

CarlettoFed is online now Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    Attach a sample file to get started.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.