Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Minty is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365

Looks like a bug to me.
    DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

twgonder is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Looks like a bug to me.
    No, no, no. I'm the new guy idiot that has only been "playing" with Access since version 1.1 (probably have the diskettes in the garage...somewhere).
    Someone just has to show me the proper way to use the "tool" because nobody else has these problems.

Really? 'since Access since version 1.1'?

I would have never thought that at all?

Completely the opposite TBH.

Just goes to show I suppose?

Now you have something to get your teeth into. Report it as a bug, supply that video and then take the credit if (only IF they fix it.)
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Windows 10 Access 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshgasman View Post
    Really? 'since Access since version 1.1'?
    Now you have something to get your teeth into. Report it as a bug, supply that video and then take the credit if (only IF they fix it.)
    I've posted a photo of the programming manual, that I've held on to since then, with a copyright date of 1993 in other posts. I guess you missed those (is this the only Access form you visit)?
    Now why would MS fix a bug that doesn't exist in Access 2007 and when I'm the only person experiencing it in a more modern version?
    Have you seen the other bugs I've asked about? Nothing says you have to even look at them, but to make an observation that I finally "have something" is incredulous if you declined to participate previously. But then again, it's kinda hard to participate in modern bugs with a 14-year-old version of Access. Even more, I'm amazed that you have the resources to know what works for everyone else using a version after 2007.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Now why would MS fix a bug that doesn't exist in Access 2007 and when I'm the only person experiencing it in a more modern version?
    Good question. Why do they add new bugs with almost every update? Bug info at devhut

No, TBH, you are on my IL. I just pop in now and again to see what the latest complaint is? So a lot of your posts I miss.
    I just couldn't help myself this time. For some stupid reason I still want to try and help people. Failing of mine I suppose.

Who is to say you are the only person with that version who has that problem?. When I have had that save prompt in the past, I always just accepted it.?
    I actually had to amend two modules deliberately and the deselect one to see if I had the same issue as you, and I have reported that I do not. Seems Minty does not, and as he is actually a developer, probably using a much later version than I?

So report it, you would do yourself a favour, as then, they would probably fix it. However if you were reporting that to me, I would want to know if others were affected. You know, simple debugging techniques.

For instance, my Google minis generally need to be asked twice to do something. They didn't used to, when new, but with Google tweaking stuff at the central server, now for me (at least) I have to ask twice. They keep cocking stuff up, the latest being you ask the mini to switch off after a set time and it does not. That one at least they have acknowledged. This will be the second time they have done this. They have never heard of regression testing apparently.

I just live with it, unless a bunch of other people complain about it, nothing is going to change, but I have reported it anyway. You should do the same.

Over and out

Edit:
    In fact on second thoughts, the fact that you can put that = sign in front of the Dlookup in the query window might give a clue? See if anyone else with the same version as you can do the same. in 2007 I attempted to add that = sign, and access removed it each time.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Windows 10 Access 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshgasman View Post
    No, TBH, you are on my IL. I just pop in now and again to see what the latest complaint is? So a lot of your posts I miss. .
    I read your post twice, sorry I couldn't understand most of it. But I agree, testing of any kind in software is a thing of the past. However, I have three people doing nothing but QC testing at the moment. It was one of them that found the crash problem (different thread). For the users, I'm trying to get to the root of the problem rather than just ignore it. For the coders that are all working on different modules and constantly making changes and small errors, I'm looking into the save problem. But, thanks for your ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.