jahoyle is offline Novice
    Windows 11 Office 365

Navigation Forms

When using Navigation forms, as I move from form to form, the record number defaults to 1 each time I change forms.
    Is there a way to keep the record number from changing?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Funny, I just posted about such a limitation about nav forms about an hour ago. You can only open 1 form at a time in the navigation subform control. So open form1 and if the recordcount is 1 so be it. Open another form and if the recordcount is 1, then so be it. Or are you referring to the position of the selected record when switching forms? Since record number one is the default selected record when a form is opened, the same behaviour is behind the result. Or did I misunderstand your question? If so, try explaining what the problem is in more detail.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    assuming you are using the build in navigation form the previous form is closed and the new one opened - and it will always open to the first record. So depends on what recordset your form is based on - table or query and in the case of a query the sort order that may have been specified.

What I don't understand is why if you are on record 10 of the first form, you would wamt to be on record 10 of the second form - or do you mean something else?

the built in navigation form is very limited, intended for very basic process requirements, you might be better off creating your own

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.