Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Customized buttons in Message Box

I found complicated tutorials on how to create customized buttons in a message box, but don't have success yet. Instead of vbYesNo I want to have my own words in the buttons. I will appreciate if there is a referral to a tutorial or advice. Thank you.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Then 'roll your own' which is just a form with a lot of code to function like a message box. Fairly common topic. Here is one discussion https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=86880
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Sorry if I am short of understanding, after reading and opening the attachment. I just want the buttons in the Message box to display something else than "Yes" and "No". The rest I will manage. I don't understand exactly what to do here.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    There is no intrinsic method to accomplish that - no property settings. Requires either some complex Windows API code to modify MsgBox (assuming that is possible) or build your own form that acts like a message box.

What you can do is adapt the form and code from the sample db to yours.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you. My time will allow me to look deeper in this tomorrow.
    a. Every form of my 150 forms returns at least one report.
    b. My aim is to have the easiest way with the least number of clicks to select reports, selecting mostly between Alphabetical and Numerical order.
    c. There may be reports needed to be printed in more orders than 2 as well.
    d. It will be nice to click once on a print button, which then displays multiple options of order the same report can be printed in.
    d. I am capable of the very "Long way", setting up a query and report for every order. Many more than 300 extra objects in my app!
    e. A genius like you knows how to accomplish what I want in a different way, I do not right now. But I will box on.
    f. I can actually do it with Yes and No on the buttons. But it is just not right. The buttons should display "Alphabetical","Numerical" etc if more.
    g. I have examples of forms that acts like a message box, but tomorrow I will look into that.

I gave my users a list on available reports in a combo box.
    In the table I associated a form if any values needed to filter the report, the sql for the source etc.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Agee with @Welshgasnan. Provide a list of reports (in whatever order works for you) in a combo or listbox.

However, if you really want to create customised message forms, have a look at the examples in my Attention Seeking Database (isladogs.co.uk)
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    This is a basically a UI (user interface) problem. With the information provided, I can't visualize what the current UI is. What would be the method to match the 300 reports with the appropriate options if all report options are not the same?
    Once that's resolved, custom right-click menus might address the Message Box problem nicely. The right click would present options (bypassing a Message Box entirely). Depending on the user's choice from the right-click menu, appropriate functions would run to accomplish the desired end.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.