data808 is offline Noob
    Windows 8 Access 2007

Form Measurements Off Depending On Computer

I worked on some forms at home on my laptop over the weekend and brought it to work today. When I opened up the forms in Access some of the text boxes and labels seem to be getting cut off but looked fine on my home laptop. I have Office 2019 at home and Office 2013 at work. Is that the cause of this? Has anyone else had these issues? Or could it be the screen resolution differences?

Thanks.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    sounds like screen resolution differences

data808 is offline Noob
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    Could be but I did try to mess with that here at work and no changes on the text boxes and labels in forms when I went from 1366x768 to 1920x1080. So I suspect it could be something else. I wonder if its a graphics card thing? My laptop at home is gaming laptop and of course here at work, its going to be the bare minimum. lol

Either that or my next guess would be the 2013 and 2019 different versions of Access being used.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I very much doubt different access versions would be the reason - I would check the scaling used on each of the monitors

If that is not it be clearer on what 'some of the text boxes and labels seem to be getting cut off' actually means - perhaps provide a screenshot

As a general rule of thumb, design your forms to fit to the smallest screen.

data808 is offline Noob
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    I did some looking online and found that an article mentioning that this happens when you design forms on a small screen and then try to use the forms on a bigger screen which is basically what is happening with me. I design forms on my 15 inch laptop then take it to work and run it on a 24 inch monitor. So the article suggests to design forms on the biggest screen and then everything should be fine. I guess I need to hook up some monitors at home for me to do the design work. I can't believe Microsoft doesn't have a some kind of built in calibration for this kind of thing. Thanks for the help btw.

@isladogs has code to resize for different screen resolutions and sizes.

https://isladogs.co.uk/control-appli...resize%20forms
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    As stated in the previous post, I have code specifically designed for handling automatic form resizing.

The above link takes you to the same example app I referenced in your other thread: Print Dialogue Box (accessforums.net)

However, I have series of 3 articles on automatic form resizing starting with Automatic Form Resizing - 1 (isladogs.co.uk).
    This includes a dedicated example app and links to videos of presentations I've done for various Access User Groups

For info, the correct advice is ALWAYS to design your apps on the LOWEST resolution in use by your clients. Ideally also on the smallest monitor
    Also, it is impossible to have forms wider than 22.75 inches (57.78 cm) even using automatic form resizing due to the way form sizes are calculated in Access

Although this feature should be built into Access it never has been!
    There is a kludge using layout guides and anchoring but its only partly successful at best.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.