Query modification returns *unexpected* (different) results for another expression

Hello Experts:

I'd like some assistance with the "DateDiff" function in Access. Attached DB contains both an ACCDB file (single table w/ 6 sample records) and one (1) query.

The query does output the correct date difference (with date diff in *days*). However, when copying the same "Days" expression and adding "Hours", the output for "Days" completely changes. (I had hoped I will get the same days output but also the date difference in hours, too).

As the saying goes, a "picture is worth a thousand words", I have added the 4 steps (as part of my modification) into a PPT slide deck. I think it'll be much easier to follow along after reviewing the slide deck (vs. me attempting to write lengthy paragraphs here).

Ultimately, my question is as follows: Why does the addition of the "HRS" expression change the output for the "DAYS" expression? Specifically, see slide #4 for the illustrating the outputs.

Thanks,
    Tom
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Don't edit query in DesignView. This changes the JOIN clause. It removes non-equivalent expression. Access had to 'fix' because true to its warning, could not be represented in DesignView.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thank you, June7... I wasn't aware of that element.

I added the "hours", "min", and "sec" in SQL mode and the results come back as expected. Thank you!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.