Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jeffhanner is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2019

I changed the properties of the form frmContactsMain to Data Entry NO, Allow Additions NO, Allow Deletions NO, Allow Edits NO. With your login, which is ReadOnly, I can still edit this form. You would think the BrowseTo data mode would always override the design mode. Were your findings different?

Also, I closed the other post because it was suggested in the post that I didn't define the tempVars!tempACDataMode = "ACReadOnly" correctly, when it should have been TempVars!tempACDataMode = 1 (or 2), which I now have corrected. You're right, I didn't explain what I had done properly. I felt that this post was different from the previous one.

Thanks again,
    Jeff
    Last edited by jeffhanner; 10-19-2022 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Corrections

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I didn't experiment further when I found that info, especially when my research turned up your prior post. In future, please provide a link in both threads to each other so that responders can see what was already dealt with when the subject is basically the same thing. Or just continue in the prior post.

Try choosing the recordset type property as snapshot and see if that gets you somewhere.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

jeffhanner is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2019
    Unfortunately, Snapshot didn't make any difference. However, one of your early assumptions was that the form might have been corrupt. I began to rebuild the form one control at a time and save and tested each. After all controls were on the form ReadOnly was still in effect. I then started to add the event code. As users tend to be sloppy with uppercase when it is necessary, such as the first letter of a name, I had inserted the following code on On Lost Focus in different fields:
    Code:
     CFirstName = StrConv(CFirstName, vbProperCase)
    Initially entering the frmContactsMain the First Name field was ReadOnly, however soon as I moved to the next field, it allowed edits. I commented the above code in First Name field which allowed me to continue to the Last Name field, however as soon as I left the Last Name field I was back to Read/Write. I commented all code for On Lost Focus as above and the form worked fine. All Read/Only. I went back and looked at my other forms and found the same problem. Anywhere I had the code, the form changed to Read/Write on leaving that field. I put a conditional statement around the code based on the value of TempVars!TempACDataCode, and that worked.
    Last edited by jeffhanner; 10-24-2022 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Solved Issue

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    That issue and solution is covered here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...9-78850e09e27c
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.