tmacedo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question Best Form for dayli Data

Hey guys,

I've been trying to develop a simple ms access to use at work, in order to facilitate data processing, but I'm having some difficulties in selecting the best form to use....

We fill 3 forms daily as shown in the image below, and send them by mail.

however, we want to work with this data while there is no better alternative.
    I'm trying to use the continus form, but I'm not able to save the information that is fixed, such as date, shift and workers envolveld.

Does anyone have an idea of ​​what would be the best form to use or an example I can follow?

Thank you very much
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capturar.PNG  

Normal Mainform and subform arrangement should be adequate.
    What you are showing would be the report layout grouping by Building No.

Would need validation to ensure start time is not before a previous end time for the same date, etc.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Based on your picture:
    You must have a table where buildings are registered (tblBuildings: BuildingNo, [BuildingName]);
    You must have a table where products/objects/whatever are registered (tblProducts: ProductID, SerialNumber, ...);
    You must have a table where all processing is registered (tblWorkProcess: WorkProcessID, BuildingNo, ProductID, StartDateTime, EndDateTime, WorkDescription, EoqStatus, OtStatus. Instead time, use datetime, i.e. date and time, as probably you don't need this to register works in single day (or you can have a separate field for date, and 2 time fields for StartTime and EndTime - assumed all work processed sre done in single day). EoqStatus will have values 0 for NOK, 1 for OK and 2 for Cond.Func. - you can have more of them of-course. OtStatus will have values 0 for No and 1 for Yes).

Have an unbound form with 2 combos, where you can select building and product (in case you have separate date field, you have a control for date there too) . This unbound form has continuous subform based on tblWorkProcess, which is linked with 2 (or 3) controls in parent form. You select building and product in unbound form, add a new record in subform (new records get building number and product ID - or serial number in case this is used in combo - {and date}, are added automatically). Then you register work times and both statuses, and after that register next work process. etc. When you are done with this product, you select in unbound form next product (and building), etc.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    My observation of the pic - you will not be able to show building as though it were a merged Excel cell. "1" would have to be on each row. Nor could you replicate that exactly in a report. Just saying in case it's important.
    I don't see why the main form should be unbound if that's what was meant. Whatever the data in the lower part is, it likely needs to be associated with the information at the top of the form. It's not clear if the link between the subform (lower detail section) and the main form (Workers, Data [is that "date"?], shift) would be 'building' or something else.
    With that setup it could be that user would want to navigate through main form records (different Worker/Data/Shift values) and each time the main form shows a new record, the related subform records show below.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.