mlrucci is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 11 Office 365

PopUp Calendar for date range entry

Ok, so I know I am reaching, but does anyone know if it is possible or an already built calendar with the ability to select a date range? Here is what I would like to do. I would like my end user to press a cmd button to open a popup calendar form. Similar to date picker supplied in access. What I need it to do is allow the end user to select a date range, not just a single date from this form. Ideas?

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mlrucci View Post
    Ok, so I know I am reaching, but does anyone know if it is possible or an already built calendar with the ability to select a date range? Here is what I would like to do. I would like my end user to press a cmd button to open a popup calendar form. Similar to date picker supplied in access. What I need it to do is allow the end user to select a date range, not just a single date from this form. Ideas?
    I would add two text boxes to the header of the form that is showing the records and then set the forms filter after each textbox is updated.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Windows 11 Office 365
    Bob, this is true and thought of that. I was trying to keep with the theme of the db. I already have a month/year pop up, but for some of the stuff, I need a date range. If it comes down to it, that is what I can do, but looking for alternatives visually for the end user. Thank you

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If you want a custom calendar form know that it's a fair bit of design work, requiring 42 textboxes for dates and then coding to a) determine which ones to show and b) what numbers to give them. Then there's controls for doing things like moving forward/backward or combos to pick year/month and redrawing the calendar each time you move the year/month. What you want will compound the difficulty given that you'll have to somehow assign 2 chosen dates to something (variables or controls) instead of just 1. If there is a less complicated method with a custom calendar I hope someone posts about it.

I agree - 2 textboxes designed to show start and end dates.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Having created my own Better Date Picker control several years ago, I know how complex and time consuming it can be.
    Creating a variation which handles date ranges is something I wouldn't even consider as being worth the effort needed.

I agree. Use two textboxes each connected to a date picker control - either the MS version or one of the alternatives such as mine
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Windows 11 Office 365
    Thank you everyone, looks like I will be doing the 2 textboxes designed to show start and end dates. Appreciated the input. Don't have the time or experience to create as it is sounding very difficult.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.