Bobrosss is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Not sure where to begin

I am trying to revitalize a clunky old database by making a new one. I work for a company that in this specific department, they take readings every other hour (24 hour operations). They have an old Honeywell system that is basically the window into the process they run. There are hundreds and hundreds of pipes, valves and tanks, so we want the database to show deviations from one set of readings to the next. The operators can accidentally send material to a spot not designated for the material they are making and a system like this, helps keep the operators aware.
    The problem I am having is, there are 10 pages on the Honeywell program with anywhere from 25 to 40 numbers that they have to take down from each page for reference. When I start building a form, from the 10 tables I built to match the Honeywell pages, I quickly run out of room. By the end of the 3rd Honeywell page-table, I am at the maximum length of form of 22inches.
    Is there no other way to make something of this size, than to make several forms with pages like the old database? As you got to the last reading on each page, it automatically loaded the next page of readings as well as the last 5 queries of the page.

I invisioned 1 page with all the readings on it, split into subsections (Honeywell pages) and the last 5 query to the right of these readings. If I have to cram it all in the max 22" it will become too cluttered to put the query in because I will have to start moving rows out into a 2nd and 3rd column, if thar makes sense.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    instead of a form, you can just view the query and it should not limit the width.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Look into using a tab control and have each tab match the Honeywell page name.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Ok, I will tinker a bit and see where I come out. I'm not too great with the nomenclature

Before I wander off too far. When you say tabbed, am I making a form for each Honeywell page? Just want to make sure I understand what you mean by tabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobrosss View Post
    Before I wander off too far. When you say tabbed, am I making a form for each Honeywell page? Just want to make sure I understand what you mean by tabbed. Also, isn't there a way to add existing fields all at the same time? I thought it was by holding down ctrl while clicking the first and last to highlight the entire list but that only highlights first and last.
    No one form and many tabs, if I understand the reply correctly.
    No, try Shift and clicks. Ctrl does individual items.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Gicu is offline VIP
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

June7 is offline VIP
    Are these 10 tables identical in structure? If so, why 10 tables and not 1 table with another field for page identifier? Instead of 10 forms or a tab control with 10 pages on form, have some controls on form for user to select filter criteria for restricting record viewing.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.