jaykid83 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Maximized form disappears when clicking on "Restore Down"

I have a database that, when opened, automatically opens a form. The form is not modal and is set as a pop up. Until recently, when I wanted to shrink the form to move it to another monitor (dual screens), I could do so with no problem. All I did was add some information to the form, which didn't affect any of the form options.

Now when I try to shrink the form to move it, it disappears completely, but Access sees it as still open. I then have to close Access and reopen. Did something change with the options that I am unaware of? Again all I did was add some text boxes to the form and before I made changes I was able to resize. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    what code is behind the 'restore down' button? impossible to answer without that.

the other thing about dual monitors too, is that sometimes if you 'install' and 'uninstall' them, or even connect/disconnect them any number of times, windows that were actually on the external screen may stay there when you go back to a single screen.

there's a lot of weird stuff that happens with external hookups like that. I would guess that a maximized form would even invite worse consequences than normal windows that get stuck in that sort of 'limbo'.

jaykid83 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    There actually isn't any code behind the restore down button, it's just the button between the minimize and maximize buttons in the top right corner. I actually just opened up a back up i made when it was still working and copied anythign i changed into it, which fixed it. Maybe the form was just corrupt because the database is on a network drive in which multiple people have access. Thanks for the reply though.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.