Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Raveen1609 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Thermal Printing of a Receipt from a Report

Hi, I am creating a database for my small business to print POS billing. I use a form with a subform datasheet to enter the product details. Created a report to open the form for printing the same record. Now I have 2 issues, the column width of the fields are not same and sometimes change. the next issue is when I call the report for printing in a thermal printer, the space is too much for the totals. I want the totals to be just next to the last item of the invoice.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Explain "report to open the form for printing". Should that be "form to open the report"?

Textboxes do not randomly change width. On report, textbox length can grow but not width.

Are you using report footer for totals?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks for the response. I am not able to upload as it is 1.5mb. Yes it is a form to open the report for printing. This is for invoice printing. I created the invoice billing on a form and a subform (datasheet) to populate the list of billing items. and use cmd button to open the report for printing. However I am attaching the screenshots herewith.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	47721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	47722

June7 is offline VIP
    Should button say "Open Report for Print" or "Open Invoice for Print"?

Is total in report footer? Maybe use group or page footer.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks Yes, Open invoice for Print.

Total is in the Report footer. I tried to keep the totals in the page footer, in that case the total goes further down the page. There is a big space between the items datasheet and the totals.

I have 4 field columns in the subform datasheet, the width of the columns sometimes changes and goes out of the printing area.

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    What does width of subform datasheet columns have to do with printing report?

Again, suggest you provide a reduced version of your db. Make copy and include only objects and code necessary to present issue. Zip with Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I have attached the DB, it may not look professional, please bear with me. Your suggestions for improvement are welcome.

I want to print the form "Invoice Entry Form". I have created a report from the same form Report Name "Invoice Print Report".

Now my issue is the Field width columns in the report for printing are changing and going out of paper range. Many thanks.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Please note this DB is still not completed.

June7 is offline VIP
    Advise not to use space in any object names. You essentially followed this convention for field names except for [Purchase Date]. Also advise not to use exact same field name in multiple tables.

Should set VBA editor to automatically include Option Explicit into header of new modules. Will have to manually add to existing.

Probably a big part of issue is using a form on report. Build a report to use as subreport. Or don't use subreport at all. As far as I can tell, report can be designed without one.

[Invoice Details Table] should not have both ProductID and ProductName fields, just ProductID.

Suggest setting GridX and GridY properties to 24.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG   Capture2.JPG  
    Last edited by June7; 05-02-2022 at 12:00 AM.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Also, you should not use Look up FIELDS in tables...

see The Ten Commandments of Access

and

The Evils of Lookup Fields in Tables

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I understand. Thanks very much for your advise. I bookmark the website. I created the report for printing and it is ok. Thanks. Now the column width in the form "Invoice Entry form" looks like changing, sometimes become smaller width or more width. Help on this please.

Is there any link or guide for "How to send sms & whatsap from Access on a click of a command button" Thanks thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raveen1609 View Post

Is there any link or guide for "How to send sms & whatsap from Access on a click of a command button" Thanks thanks
    Yes, Google
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

June7 is offline VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveen1609 View Post
    I created the report for printing and it is ok. Thanks. Now the column width in the form "Invoice Entry form" looks like changing, sometimes become smaller width or more width. Help on this please.
    Did you modify report as suggested in post #10 and not use subreport/subform?

"Invoice Entry form" uses form in Datasheet view. This always user to manually change column widths. When form closes, those adjustments are saved. Column widths do not arbitrarily change on their own.

Are there multiple users of this same database file? A multiple simultaneous user database should be split with each user running their own copy of frontend.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi, Thanks very much. Yes Post#10 has been resolved. Please help me on the following issues.
    1. AutoNumber for Invoice ID is not working well, so I have created a field for counting Bill numbers. I use
    Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
    BillNo = DMax("BillNo", "Invoice Table") + 1
    End Sub

On loading the new form new record, I setfocus on Clock1 Field. OnExit the clock1 field, the bill number is adding +1 and it is working fine. Now the problem is when I click go to previous record navigation button, the counter is adding another empty record with the next number and then going back to previous record. Another record is created without datas and only with the BillNumber.

2. In the sales receipt after selecting and entering the required products in few rows, I need to set focus to the printing command button in the Form footer section, which I am not able figure out. Everytime after completing the receipt, I need to use mouse to click on the button, whereas I need to use tab / Enter Keyboard, for directly going to the cmdPrint button. so that I can use entirely keyboard to complete the invoicing. Avoid using mouse to speed up invoicing.

Thanks

Kindly help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.