Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ratdude010 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2016

The PTO balance carries over from year to year. Employees can carry over up to 30 days PTO. For example, if I don't use my full PTO balance in one year, it goes to the next. You may need to adjust some employees that have a 40 day carryover for example, since 30 days is the max they can carry (reduce 10 days PTO with either manually or with VBA.

I do plan to use forms for data entry. I could always have two forms on the PTO adjustment table. One form could be used to take vacation days and another could be used to adjust PTO and exclude the dates fields. Each form would use a separate part of the table and have separate validation rules - I like it, very smart.

Access might not be the absolute best tool for doing this, but it can work - I think.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Consider that you don't manually have to carry over, and that with forms, you can do just about anything - especially if the underlying tables/queries are properly designed. You could:
    - just sum as I've said, and if days owing hits 39, initiate warning, or if over 40, show total - excess (to show what they lost)
    - or just return [the max of what they have] OR 40

Usually multiple forms on the same table either means something's wrong with the design or a additional forms were created unnecessarily (e.g. one for data entry, a similar one for edits, another one for viewing, etc.)
    Each form would use a separate part of the table
    That part still escapes me. If you make significant design or approach changes, might be best to start a new thread if you still need help.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.