HansBades is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Office 365

Add new element in a form

I have a form that processes work orers where new elements can be added if the user wants to input an element into a field that is not already populated in the corresponding table. For instance, if the worker assigned to the work order's name is not already populated in the corresponding table, a message pops up asking if the user would like to add the name. Code then adds the name and the user can then populate the rest of the fields on the form.

But I have one field, SKUS, which always must be associated with a SKU Type. Thus, in the SKU table, SKUType is a required field. When the user is entering in data on the word order form, I want them to be able to add in a new SKU without leaving the form but this would require them to have also enter in the category of the new SKU. How can I get this so that the users can add in both the SKU and SKUTYPE associated with the SKU and then continue working on the form. Note that SKUType is not visible on the form.

Thanks

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Some pics of the form in design and form view might help focus responses. Maybe a popup and modal form based on the sku table where user adds a sku and a type, assuming you want a user to be able to add types as well as skus. Sku types are probably best off being in their own table. In that case, they should be picking the type from a combo, typing in the sku in a textbox, and the tblSkuType PK value (autonumber) would be what gets stored along with the sku the user enters. So info about your tables would be a good idea as well. Perhaps a pic of the relationships window if you created relationships.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Use a combobox and the not in list event. You can designate a form to pop up and input the secondary information.
    If this helped, please click the star * at the bottom left and add to my reputation- Thanks

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.