Miles R is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365

Setting Title Bar of Application to Specific Value

At the start of my application I set the title bar to a specific value using :
    CurrentDb.Properties("AppTitle").Value = "My Database Name"
    RefreshTitleBar

However, it seems to put the current form name before it, so it reads - "Form Name - My Database Name"

I don't want the form name to show. Does anyone know a way to suppress this and always keep the value I specifically set at the start of the application?

Incidentally, setting each forms Caption to blank does not work as it still puts the in form name.

p.s. the forms are all Maximized and using Overlapping Windows.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    if you have a dozen forms open and there are no names, how is the user supposed to know what form they are on or what 1 to click for the 1 they want?

Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by ranman256 View Post
    if you have a dozen forms open and there are no names, how is the user supposed to know what form they are on or what 1 to click for the 1 they want?
    Thanks for your reply.
    However, note that as the relevant forms are Maximized there is only one form visible (popups of course do have their own individual caption).
    So there is no question of knowing what form they are on or what to click on.

Also, I am the only user of this application, and there is no benefit to me having the form name in the application title bar - its just clutter.

As always though, with questions like this, its not WHY do you want to do it, its HOW do you do it, no matter how mad it might seem to someone else.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I'm afraid that is the built-in default for overlapping windows, with Tabbed Documents you don't get that. You can try to set all your forms as popups and use Docmd.MoveSixe to position them just below the ribbon but that could be a pain to set up right.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Does anyone know a way to suppress this and always keep the value I specifically set at the start of the application?
    To suppress (remove) the form name, put 1 or 2 spaces in the form name row in the property sheet. If you're saying you want your form to show the app name, you could edit the form Caption property manually to the value of the app name, or you could write code to loop over your forms and do this if there are a lot of forms to be done.
    Last edited by Micron; 04-06-2022 at 09:07 AM. Reason: clarification
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Thanks for your replies. I suspected it might be the default.

However, I figured out an easy workaround, which is basically what Micron suggested, i.e. I have set the Caption property of all forms that are maximized to the name of the application.
    So basically it stays exactly as I want it no matter what form is the current maximized form.

I will mark this thread as closed.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks for the rep comment!
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.