Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    No I did NOT turn off ScreenUpdateing and I did NOT
    No need to shout at anyone for asking a simple question in an attempt to help you. Good luck with it.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    @JimReid

In Post #2, Welshgasman requested you post all of your code for this issue. I echo that but also request you post your dB, so I/we don't have to try create a dB that would probably be different than your dB.

Back in my A2000 days, I had the same problem. I would export a report into Excel, then used automation to edit the worksheet, add formulas and format cells.
    Excel would always be left running in the background. After modifying my code based on the code by Ken Snell, I finally got Excel to quit.
    The code is still working (Excel shuts down) in A2010 and A365 ().

Quote Originally Posted by JimReid View Post
    Don't know what to do because the client would like to run several version of the spreadsheet with different options in the form.
    What is this process? You change/the client change parameters and export the report/query again?
    Do you add the different versions of the spreadsheets to the same workbook or is each different version of the spreadsheet in a different workbook?

JimReid is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Sorry frustration getting the best of me.

JimReid is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I didn't list the code because the program is very long. I finally got it working and it appears the Welshgasman was correct. In VBA you have to specifically identify every object or else by closing/nothing the objects it doesn't get rid of everything. Every reference to a Cell/Row/Formula, etc., has to be fully defined up through to WorkSheet or WorkBook or else it will be left behind when you close everything down. It will leave it in memory and not show on TaskMaster as Excel running but it will screw up you next running unless you close down the program and start over. Once I had all the elements fully defined and I shut down (ended the sub) I could then go back in are run again without shutting down the entire program. A lot of work fully referencing every element but worth it in the end to have it work correctly. So if anyone has a problem with VBA not shutting down properly this is probably the reason. Thanks everyone for their suggestions and help.

JR

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Well, I'm still curious about the code, but happy you figured out a solution.

Good luck with your project......

Minty is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Quote Originally Posted by JimReid View Post
    It will leave it in memory and not show on TaskMaster as Excel running but it will screw up you next running unless you close down the program and start over.JR
    Just to clarify this - The process will be available to see in the task manager but the App won't.

You will have an orphaned process that you can shut down in the task manager, but it's buried way down the list.
    It's the orphaned process that causes the issue with the VBA not running correctly.
    DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.