Newbie: Outlook and Access automation with ER diagram

First post!

I'd like to build an Access application for my small business, a voice studio. Currently, I'm trying out the free version of eWay-CRM, and I really like the integration with Outlook: two-way syncing of contacts and tasks, and linking of appointments and emails to native eWay entities (e.g. projects, opportunities).

How much of this is possible with Access? I've attached an entity relationship diagram with a lot of many-to-many relationships.

I'm aware that Outlook folders can be linked within Access but that these Outlook "Tables" cannot be linked to other Tables in the usual way. Rather, Outlook data gets contextualized via the Query process.

And...that's about what I've learned so far. Like I said in the title, I'm a newbie (I have made a few simple Access DBs before). So, I'm certainly notasking for detailed explanation. Essentially, I'd like to know:

1. Is this kind of Outlook/Access integration possible, or is more trouble than it's worth?
    2. Where should I direct my learning if I want to do it myself?

I'm certainly expecting that I need a firm sense of advanced query design and VBA to even attempt this, but I also suspect there are other things I'd need to learn that I don't even know exist...

Sincere thanks,
    Oliver
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ER diagram.jpg  

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    So, ask question "How does e-Way do that syncing and linking?". I find it is possible to easily add custom fields to Mail and Tasks but not seeing that for Contacts and Calendar. Although, this article indicates that can be done https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...types-overview.

Can even build forms in Outlook.

You can probably build your own version of this add-in but is it worth the time and expense compared to this OTS product? I don't see any pricing info on their site.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    So, ask question "How does e-Way do that syncing and linking?". I find it is possible to easily add custom fields to Mail and Tasks but not seeing that for Contacts and Calendar. Although, this article indicates that can be done https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...types-overview.
    Ahh! I use custom fields in Outlook folders all the time! Great idea, but...these fields do not appear when imported or linked into Access. I assume you're thinking about inserting a primary key field, perhaps? If Access cannot "see" this field, it wouldn't be helpful, right?

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Can even build forms in Outlook.

You can probably build your own version of this add-in but is it worth the time and expense compared to this OTS product? I don't see any pricing info on their site.
    eWay-CRM offers a free plan that goes to 200MB DB size. Paid plans begin at $24 monthly for 10GB: Pricing | Buy now | eWay-CRM | The best CRM for Microsoft Outlook

Thanks for the response!
    Oliver

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Post 3 was moderated, I'm posting to trigger email notifications.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I was thinking along those lines that but did not explore. e-Way must be doing something like that.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.